Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thank you TIO!!

Who's Tio and why are we thanking him? Well you see, my roommate and I happen to be quite poor individuals. I'm in grad school accruing all sorts of debt (its an investment they tell me, sure sure) and my roommate has just started her first job as a high school science teacher...you get the picture-no money. Well I guess I should say small amounts of money. So back to Tio...you see when we moved into our apartment we decided that we didn't want to waste our time or our money getting cable (a decision I was proud to make...No, I will not get caught wasting hours at a time mindlessly watching TLC, the Food Network, or re-runs of the Office and Seinfeld). However, in not purchasing cable we inadvertently decided against internet. It was just kind of a pain to set up and of course the Comcast man was going to hassle us to buy the "package combo" with cable, internet, home phone, so we just didn't ever set it up. But lucky for us "Tio's Network" and "Scott's Netowrk" popped up and were unlocked and available for Wi-Fi usage. Great! However, in the last week or so we have noticed that Scott has caught on to us and locked his network. :( One down, and one remaining. Tio we love you. Thank you for sharing your network with the poor girls down the street. We are ever indebted to your kindness. Oh, and did I mention that only a few select spots in our house actually pick up the wi fi for this "free" network? Yeah, our kitchen and my bedroom. So needless to say, my roommate has become quite inventive with her use of our kitchen/home office space. Regardless of the inconvenience we'll take it. Free is free. Tio we owe ya one!

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

Such a wifi theif! I am a material girl--I could not survive without the internet.

Alisa and Crowells said...

What an awesome tio! I guess you can't really cook and study at the same time--internet takes precedence. :)I hope your good tio stays around!