Thursday, October 15, 2009

"We Will Rock You"...and they DO!

So school as been in full swing for over a month now, and don't take this the wrong way when I say that it is kicking my trash! I love it (not the kicking my trash part, but the school part for sure). I feel like I'm where I need to be, learning what I need to be learning...it's just HARD stuff, but it should be, right? I seriously find myself studying a couple hours everyday, and that is NOT enough. I guess I'll be smart when I'm done, but this is no U of U undergrad, lets just say that. I don't think I ever studied in undergrad. That is unless you count flying over powerpoint lectures 2 hours before the test on the way to school and borrowing Hannah's textbooks that I refused to buy. Perhaps that's why I am so horrible at studying now. I don't know how to do it. Hmm, maybe I should study how to study. Speaking of studying...facebook has become my study nemesis. There it sits as a link on my bookmark bar..."click me! click me!," it shouts, and thanks to my easily distracted nature I click. Then an hour later I click again. Most often I am disappointed by the lack of interesting things posted. Not a whole lot changes hour to hour on facebook. Now, don't think I'm some sort of addict. I have good days and bad days, but all in all, nobody should check facebook as many times as I check facebook. Its pathetic. But I find myself doing all kinds of lame things to break up the 3 hours I spend daily in the bleak, white-washed confines of the Biomedical library. So perhaps a study solution to this all involves more focus, less distraction. Goodbye facebook? Well, I don't think I'm ready to do that just quite yet, but I will do my best to resist the urge to click the next time it calls. And for all of you who have read this post and are now worried for my academic standing, I ask for your prayers. Ha ha, just kidding. I am known to be overly dramatic at times, perhaps this is one of them. One things for sure, I am not going to let another midterm rock me like the one I had on Monday. It just won't happen. I've appraised my friends of the situation, letting them know they will be seeing less of me, and I will be seeing more of the library (minus facebook). One day I will have the knowledge to make a difference, just like this fancy piece of cement says.

1 comment:

Alisa and Crowells said...

Who needs to study anyway! :) It's just grad school. :)That's so awesome you're out there--we definitely need to make a trip!